Lington & Bernie Consulting is currently sourcing for a qualified professional to fill the vacant role of Farm Manager for our client; a reputable Mixed Farm located in Epe, Lagos State.
- Overall responsibility for all farm activities.
- Recruiting, training and supervision of staff
- Farm budget and cost control
- Oversee planting and rearing activities
- Procurement and marketing of plant and animals or produce
- Ensure a positive team atmosphere and establish a good working relationship with all other staff members.
- Liaise with staff and contractors to ensure tasks are completed on time and to an acceptable standard.
- Contribute to the farm policies and other development programmes of the farm
- Collaborate with business owners to develop partnerships for products created from the farm.
- Keeping records of livestock and crops and all financial records
- Prepare daily, weekly & monthly reports for Management
- Advise management on avenues for fast revenue generation
- Ensure the sustainability and profitability of the farm
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Must be well acquainted with the changing feeding requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Discipline, loyalty, honesty and integrity.
- Must be capable of general farm repairs and maintenance
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations
- Willingness to live and work on the farm
- Minimum of OND in Agriculture, Farm Management or its equivalents
- 4-5 years’ experience in Farm management
- In-depth experience in Palm Oil and Garri production