Website Lington & Bernie Consulting Ltd
Our client requires the services of a qualified Geologist. S/he will be responsible for identifying and assessing location, quantity and quality of mineral deposits. S/he can be office-based, although fieldwork is necessary to collect and test site/borehole samples.
- Actively involved in the study of the earth’s crust, examining its structure, layers, matter and history so as to gain a complete understanding of the various processes happening and their effect on the earth’s overall development
- By applying the knowledge of various sciences to the knowledge of earth’s crust, helping in the exploration of minerals, metals and oil, natural gas and underground water deposits at various places
- Exploration of ocean, study of tectonic plates and other processes happening in the bottom of the ocean to depict the proximity of natural calamities like earthquakes, storms and tsunamis
- Apply the knowledge of geo-technology to solve the complexities in various construction projects like buildings, roads, dams, tunnels, etc.
- Apply the knowledge of biology to study fossils of plants, animals and various rocks to put light on the evolutionary history
- Assessment of the research data in form of proper research papers to predict the proximity of natural calamities and further use or study
- Geologists specializing in ecology may be required to study the various factors of environment and create reports
- Depending on the gathered data and research, predicting promising sites for various earthly resources like minerals, metals and crude oil
- Advising factors that would help in the development of such resources in the earth’s crust and also the techniques for better extraction.
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Good organizational skills
- Computer literacy and the ability to analyse numerical and graphical data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Geology with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience.