Website Lington & Bernie Consulting Ltd
Our client is a mining services company seeking to fill the role of Health & Safety Manager for her Enugu operation.
- Responsible for the implementation of the company’s health/safety policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate health and safety training
- Provide positive motivation to all members of staff to ensure an ongoing positive and safe work environment at all times
- Ensure that members of staff understand all company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures, and comply strictly.
- Ensure that employees wear all necessary PPE and receive vaccinations an inoculations to reasonably protect the employees from workplace hazards.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and implement sufficient controls to prevent incidents
- Ensure sufficient supplies of safety equipment to ensure effective implementation of the Company’s zero tolerance policy on accidents.
- Minimum of University Degree with Engineering background especially Mining, Geology and Mineral Resources Engineering. Degree Holders in other Engineering Disciplines who have worked in mining firms are qualified to apply.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
Reporting Relationship: The successful incumbent will liaise with Environmental Engineers at the client’s parent Company in the USA.